Heading

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Coloring In my latest drawings

I've been drawing mainly Elephants for the daily Doodle Day posts. With broad black outlines. It was a cinch to color them in with photoshop. Here are my before and afters.



 Temper. I dropped color in using photoshop. Erased the background. Created the background in powerpoint, then added the colored elephant image. I think the values are all too similar. Might have been more effective if elephant had been something like a lighter red-violet. I'll have to try that.


Bear sewing was actually a drawing from a few months ago. The original was very detailed which made dropping color in tedious. Lesson learned, keep the patterns big if I plan to use photoshop to color them in.

I really like this drawing. Coloring it with photoshop was ok but I'm noticing the more you click to change colors, the more detail is absorbed and lost. 




Dazzle [left] and Discovery [below] were two of the most successful using drop in colors and not much else. I'm getting the message here that perhaps simpler is better for straight drop in colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment