Heading

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 2017: Working from Photographs

Costa Rican-based artist, Maria Jose Da Luz’s illustrates infants and toddlers based on photos. Here is a sample of her work.







It looked like so much fun I decided to try a few myself. 

I started off simply and got lured into more complex images as the month went on. (I actually NEEDED drawing practice on the computer.)

Some of my images got a little funky and others captured the spirit of the original photos. I think the secret here is to keep it simple and NOT try to make an exact copy of my model photos. (Hard for me since I know several of the models.)



































I want to thank all these friends for allowing me to use their photos this month: Holly Strobeck, Jennifer English, Rhonda Vercellino, Jennifer Lewis, Lori Degman, Mindy Savant, Abby Ryan Mattes, Stephanie Wilson, Jamie Schmidt and unknown faces from the internet.









Find more of Maria’s inspirational work here: https://www.facebook.com/MjDaLuz.DG/

No comments:

Post a Comment